CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
Dear Valued High Desert Medical Group Healthcare Member:
We are working closely with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to monitor COVID-19. The safety of our patients, employees, physicians and our community is our primary concern.
HDMG is proactively working to address health fears during this emerging pandemic. Please read the following guidelines to ensure we are able to effectively manage the number of anticipated patients seeking screening, testing, and treatment.
- If you are over the age of 60 OR have multiple health conditions please stay home and immediately begin to practice “social distancing” by keeping away from crowded places as much as possible. Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other individuals. Elderly patients with multiple conditions (CHF, COPD, Diabetes) are at greatest risk of significant illness.
- Practice good hand washing and cough/sneeze etiquette. Do not touch your face and avoid shaking hands, hugging or other close person to person contact.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 infection – fever, cough, sore throat, and increased phlegm call us first for instructions (800) 424-2273 or www.hdmg.net. Do not come to the urgent care or your primary care physician (PCP) office if you are experiencing only mild Call us and begin a self-quarantine. Most patients will be managed at home. Only visit the ER if you are experiencing severe respiratory conditions and are having trouble breathing. Otherwise expect to be given instructions on self-care under home isolation.
- It is projected that over 80% of COVID-19 cases will be managed at home, under home isolation as symptoms are usually mild in younger or healthier patients. Our hospitals need to be reserved for the sickest patients only.
- Be expected to answer some screening questions regarding the COVID-19 virus such as:
- Have you traveled to any areas where active coronavirus outbreaks have occurred (China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran)?
- Do you currently have a fever or any lower respiratory illness (severe productive cough, shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing on exhale) and, in the last 14 days before the onset of symptoms, traveled to any of the above areas?
- Have you been exposed to or in close contact (less than 6 feet) to anyone who is under investigation for coronavirus while that person was ill?
- Should you have any questions, please contact us at (800) 424-2273 or visit our website at hdmg.net.