History of High Desert Medical Group (HDMG)
1979 - Heritage Provider Network (HDMG's parent company), a recognized leader in healthcare for more than 30 years, was founded by Dr. Richard Merkin.
Early 1980's - Healthcare saw a significant increase in HMO interest, and in response to the growing demand, Dr. Merkin expanded services in a cooperative effort to assist California health plans in meeting and resolving their clinical challenges.
1981 - High Desert Medical Group was established as a multi-specialty medical group.
1986 - Heritage Health Care was established as an HDMG satellite, located in Palmdale.
1991 - 1st Senior Expo featuring guest celebrity, Louis Zamperini.
2016 - HDMG has grown to:
- 400+ employees
- 60+ Primary Care Providers
- 300+ Specialists
2019 - High Desert Medical Group employees nominate HDMG officially as "A Great Place to Work".
2020 - HDMG Senior Expo celebrates 20-year anniversary.
2021 - High Desert Medical Group celebrated 40-year anniversary.
HDMG prides itself on its many Centers:
- Urgent Care Center
- Geriatric Emergent Care Center, with a Curbside Assistance Program
- Wellness & Enrichment Center
- 360 Fitness Zone - over 100 Senior exercise classes per month
HDMG ongoing events include:
- Annual Senior Expos, attracting over 7,000 seniors and offering over 100 vendor booths, free health screenings, free flu shots, live entertainment, the Senior of the Year Award, the Veterans Community Service Award, and a celebrity guest appearance.
- Monthly Free Health Screenings in the Community
- Intermittent Speaker Series - Provider & Professional educational presentations on Health and Wellness, complimented with fitness demonstrations
- Intermittent Mall Walker organized fitness mornings (daily - the Antelope Valley Mall opens at 6:00am for the community to complete individual walking laps)